Yeah. I’ve been kind of busy. Still, sorry for the silence.
Matt linked to the Pitchfork “top 1000 albums of the 80s” feature. It was definitely interesting. Funny – everyone latches onto a few things, but I guess there are few people who are really into all of the 100 albums they talk about. I was surprised at how many of them I own (or have owned) – a full 20 out of 100. They seemed to like them for very different reasons though – the reviewer of ‘Strangeways Here We Come’ dissed ‘Last night I dreamed that somebody loved me,’ my favorite Smiths song ever!
If you’re interested, these were the ones I own. Only really the Pixies, Smiths, Cure, New Order, Joy Division and Cocteau Twins stand out for me as classics.
- Pixies – Doolittle
- The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
- Pixies – Surfer Rosa
- Joy Division – Closer
- Prince & The Revolution – Purple Rain
- Galaxie 500 – On Fire
- De La Soul – 3 Feet High and Rising
- My Bloody Valentine – Isn’t Anything
- The Jesus & Mary Chain – Psychocandy
- New Order – Power, Corruption & Lies
- Sonic Youth – EVOL
- The Cure – Disintegration
- The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
- Leonard Cohen – I’m Your Man
- Pixies – Come On Pilgrim
- Elvis Costello – Imperial Bedroom
- The Smiths – Strangeways, Here We Come
- Cocteau Twins – Blue Bell Knoll
- Kate Bush – Hounds of Love
- David Bowie – Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)